Martha Update on rescued tort

allegraf

10 Year Member!
If you are not aware of Martha's story, here is the link:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/rescue-tort.64454/

For ease of comparing, I am posting before and now pictures. She has come a long way in the last two plus years. She is definitely more robust and on the mend. She is a funny lady, thinks she is bully but when the other torts look at her, she backs down like she didn't mean it. Martha will never be perfect, but I can promise a longer healthier lifestyle from here on out. Thankfully, her mobility was never an issue. She actually laid four eggs this past season (two clutches of two eggs), hopefully that is a sign that things are doing good on the inside. Healthy enough to lay some eggs. All were infertile.

She also has the neatest eyes, the sclera is not yellow and the lighter shades are broken up and not uniform or smooth. Just like her shell.

Here are the before pictures when we got her in Jan 2013:

Now, here she is in all her glory:

mtdavis254817

10 Year Member!
Great improvement. She has more life in her eyes or seems. Good job

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Wow...there's an awful lot of 'good' growth in there.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Good on you for taking her in and giving her the best remainder of her life possible.

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
She should have her own motto :
"Don't judge a turtle by it's shell"
There is good improvement since you got her.
She is lucky to have you !

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I just read your 1st post on Martha. I'm a sucker for the let's say abnormal things in life. She's great. You've done a good job with her and given her a secure stable life. I frown on who ever ditched her. Because I think she was abandoned. Sad people if thats the case. Quality. Love her facial expression's. Bright eyed. Did her eggs hatch.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
She looks much happier and healthier. I know I've said this before but she so lucky to have found you.