Male Sulcata in AZ needs new home.

2RDHEDZ

Hello,

I'm looking for a new home for Peyton, our 8 year old male Sulcata. He weighs around 50 lbs, is about 24" long.
He's great with people & comes when you call him, most of the time. He is very friendly. Sadly, my kids are no longer interested in the poor guy. I'm in north Phoenix. I want to make sure he's going to a good home & was afraid to put him on craigslist. Please message me if interested or questions.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Are you asking any money for him?

2RDHEDZ

Hello Yvonne,

Money is negotiable. Most importantly is that he goes to a good home.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Reason I asked is because new members aren't allowed to post tortoises "for sale" until they've made 100 posts. If you're asking a fee, I'll have to remove the thread.

2RDHEDZ

Then I won't ask for a fee. I just want him to be in a good place. Thank you.

2RDHEDZ

That's a good point, Zeropilot - I can look at their history with the forum to see how long they've been on here, right? Do you have
any other suggestions? Does anybody have any suggestion of how I should go about this, of what I should be doing to ensure Peyton
goes to some good people? Thank you

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
That's a good point, Zeropilot - I can look at their history with the forum to see how long they've been on here, right? Do you have
any other suggestions? Does anybody have any suggestion of how I should go about this, of what I should be doing to ensure Peyton
goes to some good people? Thank you
Questions.
Ask a lot of them.
And ask for a photo maybe of where they intend to house such a beloved pet. Stuff like that.
I wish you the best.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Talk to them. Face to face is best, but a phone call would be good too. You can tell a lot about what a person knows regarding tortoises by having an actual conversation with them. If possible, go see the space where they want to keep the tortoise. Make sure the fencing is sturdy enough for a sulcata. Check out the gates. Do they have a large dog? Do they have an in-the-ground, unfenced swimming pool? Is there shade and shelter? Don't be afraid to ask questions about things that concern you. And don't rush into a deal because you're anxious to place the tortoise.

I think @TylerStewart of tortoisesupply.com was looking for a larger sulcata for a friend of his a couple weeks ago. I think he's in Nevada, but you might contact him and see if he's interested. I can vouch for Tyler. (he's a member here and a sponsor of the Forum)

Good luck in your search. I hope you find a great home for Peyton.

superman

Hello,

I'm looking for a new home for Peyton, our 8 year old male Sulcata. He weighs around 50 lbs, is about 24" long.
He's great with people & comes when you call him, most of the time. He is very friendly. Sadly, my kids are no longer interested in the poor guy. I'm in north Phoenix. I want to make sure he's going to a good home & was afraid to put him on craigslist. Please message me if interested or questions.
i could take him i am a kid my self!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Be very careful rehoming to new members. If you check out their threads, they are only replying to free tort threads. They are either going to sell your tort or they can't afford to buy one which means they probably can't afford to properly care for one either.