Lucky Reptile Desert Bedding

SeanH.

Hi! I was just checking out different types of substrates and stumbled upon the Lucky Reptile Desert Bedding. Does anyone know this stuff? Is anyone using this as a substrate for Tortoises?

As far as I can tell there's no sand in it. It seems more like a dirt and clay type of thing. It says you can moisten it and it's good for digging.

I just thought that it sounds suitable for Russians. It certainly looks more like the stuff they have in their natural habitat and might provide better footing for the tort. Maybe this could work in combination with a large water dish, soaking and maybe some moss in its' hyde? What do u guys think?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...ds=lucky+reptile+desert+bedding&pi=SY200_QL40

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't like the looks of it, and clay when wet sticks and clumps like crazy, I have it in my yard, ugh. but I can only see a small pic of it. For a Russian, I like and use plain dirt, fertilizer and any chemical free. I also use peat moss, coconut coir and leaf litter. Usually a combo of two or more of them.