1. Hello guest! Are you a Tortoise enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tortoise keepers to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tortoise and enclosure and have a great time with other Tortoise keepers. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email us using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page!

Love??? Or Hate???

Discussion in 'Tortoise Enclosures' started by Blgreek08, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blgreek08

Blgreek08 Member

Put this together to attach to my redfoots other cage. Do you think they will love or hate it. I like it. Just not sure if then can climb the rocks yet. They are kinda young and small.

What do you think

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TortForum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. mikeh

mikeh Active Member

From reading other posts, that plan is toxic. Get it out

sent from mobile device using TFO app
  3. Blgreek08

Blgreek08 Member

It's a pothos. It's not toxic haha. If it is my babies would have died ages ago. :/

4. RosieRedfoot

RosieRedfoot Well-Known Member

My redfoot has eaten small amounts of pothos and been fine. I think South American torts can tolerate it but for all others it should be avoided.
  5. Blgreek08

Blgreek08 Member

It's fine for torts that live in woods like areas I think. I know it's safe it's just high in that o acid. Can't remember what's it's called

6. wellington

wellington Well-Known Member Staff Member

I love the new addition. Think,they will too.
  7. Blgreek08

Blgreek08 Member

Re: RE: Love??? Or Hate???

Thank you Wellington. Do you like my cave? It was very hard to make sturdy and keep it natural looking haha. It's actually got no dirt on the top. It's rocks with a little dirt packed on the sides to hide them. :) that way no cave-ins. This is completely different for me and them. The other enclosure is just coco fiber with a section of Cyprus mulch. This is a mix of sand, coco fiber, Cyprus mulch, and peatmoss. It's a very nice mix. It holds it's shape.

It's also much deeper so higher humidity which everyone is telling me I need.