Lost -- Red Foot Tort in Fort Pierce, FL

Toby0884

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Florida
We have lost our beloved red foot Shelly. I came home to find his brother crossing the street next to our and heading toward an acre, wild lot. A miracle I saw him and that we were taking a street we rarely take. I searched my yard and cannot find Shelly but found two, good sized, holes that were dug under our fence. Not sure how long he has been gone as he is our most elusive. I last saw him last about a week ago and he usually appears once weekly to check in.

Holes have been plugged and will be burying wire to prevent further escapes. If anyone is in the local area and finds him, pls let me know. He is my daughter's little buddy and she is distraught.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 17

LaRue

I so feel for your daughter, my 7 year old loves this tortoise we found a few months back. I'm new here, but just thought I'd post and put in my two cent. Please ask neighbors and put up posters farther than you think he'd go. We found our Tortoise at our front door and for a month, I posted and looked for his owner. He was well cared for and I really believe his owner was looking/missing him. I checked with every neighbor and can only think he came from far away. I wish you luck in finding him.

Last edited:

Toby0884

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Florida
I so feel for your daughter, my 7 year old loves this tortoise we found a few months back. I'm new here, but just thought I'd post and put in my two cent. Please ask neighbors and put up posters farther than you think he'd go. We found our Tortoise at our front door and for a month, I posted and looked for his owner. He was well cared for and I really believe his owner was looking/missing him. I checked with every neighbor and can only think he came from far away. I wish you luck in finding him.

Thanks LaRue. Working on the flyer now. I'm devastated! We have so much open land around us, he could be anywhere. I've already spoken to a few neighbors and walked through some of the brush closest to our yard. Going to apply a gps to all of them just in case it happens again. Will be out early taping flyers to the neighbor's mailboxes.