Lost my Russian Tortoise, Gurtrude

Yuukari

5 Year Member
My Tortoise made an escape this morning I have been looking for her for hours, in the bushes, the underbrush. I even notified the neighbors. Any suggestions to help me find her would be greatly appreciated.
I live in Riverside, Ca.

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Walnut Creek, Ca
Look again tonight when it starts to cool down. She's probably dug down under a plant somewhere.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Early morning is the best, they like to warm up, Russians are travellers, put up flyers over a big area, perhaps on CL.

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
Try hooking up a heat lamp And put in enclosure. Keep it on for 24 hours. If it was a little cold it would have dug down deep if it wakes up in the early morning, it might gravitate to the heat.

Ramus

5 Year Member
I would also check bushes and such. My Russian escaped through my fence and haven't found him yet.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
What leads you to believe the tort escaped out of the enclosure? Did you see an escape way? If not, likely the tort is still in the enclosure somewhere...these guys can dig down several feet and then back fill their path....so you will need to really get down into the dirt and muck about a bit...

Yuukari

5 Year Member
I did find the escape location, in a temporary Enclosure while I finish her primary. She managed to get under one of the side and out within an hour. Still looking but no luck yet.