looking to rescue a sully...:)

Smg1117

I live in Ga so more than likely he or she will have to shipped to me. I love my Sully so much and he's so interesting. I have recently rescued 2 brother pups from freezing to death and they have found their forever home. I have now turned my attention to finding a sully in need of a good home to live out the rest of my life. I would be keeping the sully not getting him or her better and then finding it a new home. I can not part with Clyde Nor any other sully I get... Please keep me in mind when you hear of a sully in need. Thank you

theresal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Terrytown,LA
God luck finding a sully to fit with your family! Lord knows there are plenty that need rescueing. Just a friendly word of advice...you should probably post information on how you will house the new addition and pics of your place would be good too. I hope you are able to offer a forever home to a sully in need. Long Island Turle Rescue always has sullies available for adoption and they ship to warmer climates. There rehoming fees are more than reasonable too. They have tons that come through their doors and even turn away others each year during winter.

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Excuse my ignorance.. is sully short or a nickname for a species of tortoise? Sorry. I am still trying to figure out all the different names of tortoises!

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: looking to rescue a sully...:)

littleginsu said:
Excuse my ignorance.. is sully short or a nickname for a species of tortoise? Sorry. I am still trying to figure out all the different names of tortoises!

Sulcata, sully, sullie, 'cata... all the same.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: looking to rescue a sully...:)

littleginsu said:

People often refer to a Sulcata tortoise as a sully.
Leopard tortoise- leo
Russian tortoise- RT
Redfoot- RF
Those are pobably the most common that you'll see...

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Team Gomberg said:
littleginsu said:

People often refer to a Sulcata tortoise as a sully.
Leopard tortoise- leo
Russian tortoise- RT
Redfoot- RF
Those are pobably the most common that you'll see...

Heather forgot, pancake tortoise- 'cake. But those are not as common.

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Thank you, all. So.Much.Information.To.Ingest.

Smg1117 said:
I live in Ga so more than likely he or she will have to shipped to me. I love my Sully so much and he's so interesting. I have recently rescued 2 brother pups from freezing to death and they have found their forever home. I have now turned my attention to finding a sully in need of a good home to live out the rest of my life. I would be keeping the sully not getting him or her better and then finding it a new home. I can not part with Clyde Nor any other sully I get... Please keep me in mind when you hear of a sully in need. Thank you

I am new to the tortoise/turtle world, but I will keep my eyes and ears open!