Looking to adopt or rescue a Sulcata

rchbiker

Location (City and/or State)
Lupton, Michigan
Looking to adopt up to a 3 to 4 yr old Sulcata. We live in Northern lower Michigan. We have indoor and outdoor habitat. We are no strangers to rescue as we have run a large breed parrot rescue for many years on our own dime. We have no kids, so our pets are our kids. Im not asking for a freebie but i am offering a lifetime home for a Sulcata (well our lifetime anyways). We would much rather adopt/rescue a Sulcata than buy from a breeder, believe me we know firsthand there are to many breeders of all critters and not enough loving lifetime homes.
Thank you for your time, Bob

Mel1234

Minneapolis, MN
Hi Bob, we're seeking a caring, lifelong home for our African spurred tortoise. He's about 16/17 years old from Minneapolis, Minnesota. He has a good life with us, with full access to our large, fenced-in yard during the warmer months and a double-decker cage in a first-grade classroom during the school year. However, he's getting too big and distracting for the classroom and we don't have room for him in our house. He's healthy and funny, too.

Torty Front.jpg Torty Side.jpg

Mel1234

Minneapolis, MN
Looking to adopt up to a 3 to 4 yr old Sulcata. We live in Northern lower Michigan. We have indoor and outdoor habitat. We are no strangers to rescue as we have run a large breed parrot rescue for many years on our own dime. We have no kids, so our pets are our kids. Im not asking for a freebie but i am offering a lifetime home for a Sulcata (well our lifetime anyways). We would much rather adopt/rescue a Sulcata than buy from a breeder, believe me we know firsthand there are to many breeders of all critters and not enough loving lifetime homes.
Bob, please see my reply to you, above. Didn't realize I should put in this area instead. Thanks!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Thanks for the suggestion. The Craigs List in our area doesn't allow posts for pets, only for pet services. Just checked. Much appreciated!
When I do it, I place it in "General" or in "Farm and Garden"
It still shows up if anyone types the word tortoise. I've both bought and sold there.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum and good luck!

Marcela Compel

We have 4-5 year old Sulcata free to good home a male 42lb

Diana Yoshino

Diana Yoshino

Hi, Bob
Don't know if you're still looking for a sulfate to adopt, but I have two 3 y.o. sisters. They were my husband's and I've been trying to take care of them since he passed away last year but it's becoming too much. I live in So Cal and poor Thelma and Louise only go outdoors in the daytime when it's warm enough. They really need an outdoor heated enclosure but that's beyond me. The girls aren't living the tortoise lives they should be and I feel very bad about that. I am not interested in selling these girls, but in rehoming them. If you think you might be interested, I could take their photo. Good luck to you whatever you decide.
Diana

SandraHelene

I have 16 male African Sulcata tortoises that I would like to find a home for eventually. I will not sell them and will only give them to the right person with the right environment. They are all wonderful creatures. I rescued them about ten years ago from a rescue in New York but my husband and I are getting older and want to downsize our tortoises to a loving home. They are all males! I live in Florida--the perfect climate for them!
Sandra

JJ Jacobs

San Antonio, Texas

Hi Bob,
Just wondering if you ever found a Sulcata to adopt. I am wanting same and wondered how difficult it was to find one! Thanks!
Blessings,
JJ