Looking to adopt male sulcata

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You shouldn't have any trouble at all. Most of the chapters of the California Turtle and Tortoise club are in SoCal and they always have older sulcatas up for adoption.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What area are you in? I come across them once in a while.

What size are you looking for?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
about 9-11 inches mate to my female

They can be tough to sex at that size. Sometimes you can tell and sometimes not.

You know they can't reproduce until males are around 14-15" and females 17-18", right? You also know that they need separate enclosures and a heated night box in each one? Do you have all of that?

I'm asking because I know of a couple that are near that size range.

M

Maggie Cummings

Tom, I have an 80 pound 10 yr old common Sulcata, that I have talked Y into taking, she really doesn't want him, do you? Maybe easier for you to find him a home. He's 24" long, the guy has a toddler and a new baby. He wants me to take this Sulcata so bad he's building him a box to fit in the IROC....and driving him down from Portland....I think he needs to go to an experienced Sulcata keeper, no novice. Already 24" long? And 10 years and close to 100 lbs? lol IMO......
Bob was 17 and less than 120 when he died. I think this guy is gonna be huge....What'cha think?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tom, I have an 80 pound 10 yr old common Sulcata, that I have talked Y into taking, she really doesn't want him, do you? Maybe easier for you to find him a home. He's 24" long, the guy has a toddler and a new baby. He wants me to take this Sulcata so bad he's building him a box to fit in the IROC....and driving him down from Portland....I think he needs to go to an experienced Sulcata keeper, no novice. Already 24" long? And 10 years and close to 100 lbs? lol IMO......
Bob was 17 and less than 120 when he died. I think this guy is gonna be huge....What'cha think?

I don't need or want any more. I'm on a purge cycle right now.

M

Maggie Cummings

I don't need or want any more. I'm on a purge cycle right now.
Anything to make it harder. ;;) Y will take him and I am sure some experienced Sulcata keeper will want him, and Calif weather is so much better for a Sulcata than The Willamette Valley. I also asked Dean, no response yet, but he'll say no too. Y will only take him cuz she loves me.....And I forced her.
She came right out and told me to tell them I couldn't help them. But even tho it's going to be an irritation, I'll drive him down there, and he'll be better off. Isn't that part of what rescue is about? It's not always as easy as this. He's just gonna be a pain for 800 miles. I'll turn up my old Rock n Roll and Hank Sr and the rest of my old country, and he'll sleep the whole way, and I will not hear him....scratching that is. At my inconvenience I will take him to a better life, Y will find a great keeper for him, and he'll be happy...ta da!!! At least that's the plan. Keep Jan 29 open for a couple of hours for me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Let's don't hijack Duhi's thread guys.