Looking for ideas to outdoor enclosure

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Puerto Rico
Well its been some time since I post some pics of my reds, remodeling the house and new baby boy takes a lots of time out of one.
Im looking for some photos or ideas for my three reds for a outdoor enclosure.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432661906.553285.jpg
Im planing for something like this. Is going to be a 8'x8'x8'and has to be fool proof for human and others animals, this way I can leave the house in peace.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432662015.175424.jpg

If someone would like to share thanks in advance.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I really like that. It's tall enough that you can stand up when you go inside, and looks safe enough to keep unwanted 'visitors' out.

All my outside tortoise yards are open yards, large and fenced off.

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
Mine need to be fenced and lock always cause just move to the house and my yard is all open until I install the fence around it.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It looks good but think I would fence before leaving them out even in that because someone may take a liking to your torts and where there's a will there's a way.

Having said that people may be much more respectful of others people property in your part of the world than they are in mine.

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
It looks good but think I would fence before leaving them out even in that because someone may take a liking to your torts and where there's a will there's a way.

Having said that people may be much more respectful of others people property in your part of the world than they are in mine.

Well at the moment I can't fence my yard yet! It will be in a few years when we get the budget to do it cause is a little BIG yard. But I am more concern of others animals getting in than a human, cause they need to say hello to the guard dog first. Jijiji!

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
But the photo is an idea. Cause im planning to use some 4x4 to the corners reinforced with concrete and start from there. And the walls and connections will be with hard strong lumber.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Both are good ideas- the second looks sturdier but I'm sure you'll make it as secure as possible.

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
Both are good ideas- the second looks sturdier but I'm sure you'll make it as secure as possible.
Yeah!
I have been for like two weeks looking for info, photos and studying all the options. Mist systems, electricity and drainage for when it rain and construction ideas cause the walls will be like 3' underground so I can put some kind of a fence below the floor to avoid someone getting out or in.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Have you looked at the Enclosures section there are some good ideas in that thread.

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
Yeah! I have seen a lots of threads. Most of them are open ones but it help filling up the idea list.