Looking for Cactus Pads

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paris, Texas
I'm looking for some prickly pear cactus pads for my sulcata...if you have some message me your price and shipping. I have both PayPal and Venmo. Cactus is a hard thing to come by in my neck of the woods...thanks for any help!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Do you have a Hispanic neighborhood nearby?
Most Spanish groceries sell cactus pads.
Jam one or two in a pot of dirt and watch them grow.

Attachments

• 20170301_150109.jpg
    20170301_150109.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I am not sure about Alaska but if you have Mexican grocery store there, they may have some. I just sat my on top of the soil in any type of pot and leave it out in the sun. It starts rooting and after a while you'll see little baby pads sprouting

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I'm thinking of a business plan here. :) Our local Int'l Market has both cactus and aloe for sale all the time. Large Aloe is $1.29 by the piece and cactus is o/a $1.29/lb. Our Sully loves both, ive found the aloe easier to deal with.

I'd be more than happy to experiment with a " test shipment " to Tort Forum members who need some.

PM me if you're interested. US orders only please.

Jennifer M

5 Year Member
South Georgia
Do you have a Hispanic neighborhood nearby?
Most Spanish groceries sell cactus pads.
Jam one or two in a pot of dirt and watch them grow.

Yes, we have a couple of Hispanic grocery stores. I will check with them. I have some that I ordered and planted outside about a month ago. How long should it take to see new growth?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Yes, we have a couple of Hispanic grocery stores. I will check with them. I have some that I ordered and planted outside about a month ago. How long should it take to see new growth?
It depends. But as long as it doesn't turn yellow or shrivel up, it's growing.
The new growth shouldn't take long and they will have soft, wobbly spikes that won't poke your finger.

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
I am not sure about Alaska but if you have Mexican grocery store there, they may have some. I just sat my on top of the soil in any type of pot and leave it out in the sun. It starts rooting and after a while you'll see little baby pads sprouting

Unfortunately we don't have one, but I will do that in September when we're back South!

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
I'm thinking of a business plan here. :) Our local Int'l Market has both cactus and aloe for sale all the time. Large Aloe is $1.29 by the piece and cactus is o/a $1.29/lb. Our Sully loves both, ive found the aloe easier to deal with.

I'd be more than happy to experiment with a " test shipment " to Tort Forum members who need some.

PM me if you're interested. US orders only please.

I may take you up on that next month ;)