Looking for a Loving Home for Russian Tortoise

TonyTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Denver, CO
Hello, friends. Our living situation changed (we moved into an apartment), and we're looking to rehome our tortoise. His name is Tony and he's a sweet, healthy, outgoing male Russian tortoise. He needs outdoor space, with room to roam. It will break our heart to let him go, but we want him to have a good life and run around, burrow, and feel the sunlight.

If you're in the Denver area, have a safe outdoor enclosure, and are looking for a smart, outgoing, sweet tortoise, please message me.

Rt1jen

Awww this is very sad:(
Have you had any luck finding a home for Tony? It's heartbreaking to have to give your pet away. I'm sorry.

TonyTortoise

Denver, CO
Awww this is very sad:(
Have you had any luck finding a home for Tony? It's heartbreaking to have to give your pet away. I'm sorry.

Thanks so much. It is really hard! He is such a sweetie and we want him to have a good life.

I haven't heard back from anyone yet. Do you have any suggestions about where I should post?

Rt1jen

Surprised you haven't heard back from anyone on here. I'm on the east coast and I have my hands full with the one I have.
Anyway you could try to make room for him in your new place? Always better if they can stay with their owners. I live in a tiny place but I make it work.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think it's because you've posted in the "Introductions" section. Not too many of the older members read that section. If you're not asking any money for Tony, you can post him in the "Adoptions" section, but if you're selling him, you can't use the "for sale" section until you've been here a while.

TonyTortoise

Denver, CO
I think it's because you've posted in the "Introductions" section. Not too many of the older members read that section. If you're not asking any money for Tony, you can post him in the "Adoptions" section, but if you're selling him, you can't use the "for sale" section until you've been here a while.
Thank you Yvonne! Somehow I missed the Adoptions section. I'll try there.

TonyTortoise

Denver, CO
Surprised you haven't heard back from anyone on here. I'm on the east coast and I have my hands full with the one I have.
Anyway you could try to make room for him in your new place? Always better if they can stay with their owners. I live in a tiny place but I make it work.
Thanks, Jen. We have plenty of room in our apartment, but we used to have an outdoor enclosure. Now Tony is cooped up inside with no outdoor time, and I worry about his quality of life. It's very sad to consider giving him up, but we want him to be happy!

Rt1jen

Thanks, Jen. We have plenty of room in our apartment, but we used to have an outdoor enclosure. Now Tony is cooped up inside with no outdoor time, and I worry about his quality of life. It's very sad to consider giving him up, but we want him to be happy!
It's your decision.....do what you need to do.
Good luck:)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Tony, i'm so sorry you've had to do this, but good luck in finding him a new home.