Looking for a great keeper for my tortoise

ThomasTay

I've had this Tortoise since I was 7. He was given to me on my birthday and was said he hatched a few days before such time. This tortoise is named Jesse. I don't know the gender but I can say that it has grown in bad conditions considering a lot of his life he's been regularly fed Romaine lettuce and not really anything nutritional. When I started doing more research it was too late as the bumps on his back shows how malnourished he was.
He also lived in a little habitat and I feel like that could've affected his size a lot considering I am now 20 meaning Jesse has to be about 13 and he is about 6" height and 10" width. Seems to be blind in one eye and I recommend Veterinarian care. He's been through a lot and most of the time I couldn't necessarily help since I was a child and my parents weren't very educated about tortoise and there types of care. Please, I'd like to find someone who can help him live a happier and longer life.IMG_0244[1].JPG

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
He looks like a wonderful guy and somebody will be very lucky to get him. Sorry you are having to find him a new home.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Thomas, and welcome to the Forum!

If you'd like to go on a road trip, I would be happy to find Jesse a good home here in the Central Valley. The weather is great here for sulcata tortoises, and I'm very particular about the people I adopt animals to.

Jesse has such a sweet face, that I'm willing to bet he's really a she.

ThomasTay

Hi Thomas, and welcome to the Forum!

If you'd like to go on a road trip, I would be happy to find Jesse a good home here in the Central Valley. The weather is great here for sulcata tortoises, and I'm very particular about the people I adopt animals to.

Jesse has such a sweet face, that I'm willing to bet he's really a she.

Thank you for your reply. I'm going to take a few more options in mind and will get back with you when I made my decision.