Looking for a baby russian tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj_benavidez

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Leandro, California
Hi so I'm wanting to buy a baby russian tortoise, I can't find any place that sells them and I herd that finding a breeder is the best thing to do. I live in northern California, east Bay Area. I've herd the East bay vivarium is good but I checked out their website and they are not selling RT's. I want a baby one so I can know the age of it you know? And is their a certain time of year when breeders have hatchlings? In other words to RT's breed at a certain time of year? anyone know anygood breeders in the bay area? not too expensive? Im wanting a tortoise really badly, ive done tons of research and im ready for one. I dont feel comfortable ordering one online, but ill take it into consideration if anyone knows a good trusty breeder/website so i can get my little friend. Please and thanks for any information!

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
You can probably find baby Russian tortoises on here. I know the folks in the warmer US regions are starting to find eggs right around this time of year, so will have babies in the next few weeks. They often post them in the 'classifieds' section of this forum. :)

I would say that you will probably get a better price AND get a healthier hatchling from a private breeder here on this forum than from a website selling farm-raised hatchlings.

You can expect to pay anywhere from $95-200 for a captive bred hatchling, plus shipping. Although I'd imagine that in Cali, there are several good private breeders within easy driving distance of where you live.

Status
Not open for further replies.