Levi the Leopard goes to Garden Class!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Levi, the 4 year old Leopard tortoise has gone out on another adventure! This time he joined my kids for their Garden Class "summer's end" pizza party!

My kids participate in a wonderful local program that teaches them to garden. They do things very natural and "poison free". ;)
For the past 2 years the teachers have sent my kids home with big bags full of mallow, dandelion, thistle and CA poppy. They don't want the weeds and my tort wants to eat them.. so it's a win win!

Today we took Levi with us to the party so they could meet the weed eating monster.

After we all ate pizza made from the kid's grown veggies (yum!) We took Levi into the garden for weed removal!

The kids loved him. Of course.. :p

They took turns holding the leash, carrying him to different locations and of course, hand feeding him.

Levi did just fine. He ate all the leaves shoved in his face :rolleyes:

I always enjoy opportunities to teach the kids (and their parents) about tortoises. :) :cool: :tort:

0825161159.jpg

0825161159b.jpg

0825161201_HDR.jpg

0825161201a.jpg

0825161215a.jpg

Til' the next adventure!

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Great tort leash! Very impressive. Always good to see a positive teaching experience regarding reptiles. I get the same questions about tortoises over and over, but seeing the animal in person, especially for kids, is just so much more meaningful. :) Animals are a great way to teach kids about biology, ecology, and so many other fun sciences!

Way to go, Levi! :tort: