Let's see some sulcatas

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
My bad boy is about two and 1/2 years old now. He been "showing off" himself when he pee lately......Hahahahahah

Let me see if I can catch him in the "act".

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Dudley 02-25-15.jpg

Dudley is about 25 years old. I got him at about 35lbs from a breeder who couldn't keep him. He came with his female partner, who I adopted out. I kept Dudley because at that time I was taking turtles and tortoises to presentations at schools and clubs, and he was a good size to handle. He now weighs about 110lbs. He has more or less stopped growing. Annually he may be up a pound or not, all depends upon how lean the pickin's were the past year.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It is so rewarding (I can only imagine how Tom must feel) to see the Forum's sulcata tortoises growing so smoothly. You all deserve a big round of applause for taking the care sheets shown on the Forum to heart and giving your sulcatas such good care!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi @Turtulas-Len : Walker looks like he may be going to be one of those really big sulcatas. Have you weighed him recently?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Hi @Turtulas-Len : Walker looks like he may be going to be one of those really big sulcatas. Have you weighed him recently?
He is growing much slower as he gets older also, I did weigh him and the others a month or so ago, I can't find the scribble pad I wrote his weight on but I believe it was around 120 pounds, the others are growing at a good rate, an almost 5 year at 49 lbs, and 2 that just turned three years old at 31 and 34 lbs. These all still look to be female.

MichiganFrog

5 Year Member
Northwest Florida
Here are our boys, Honey Boy (left) and Beasty Boy (right), who are about 3.5 years old. This was the last photo I was able to take of them together, as we have to keep them separate all the time now.

Attachments

• WP_20150610_12_35_11_Pro_06-10-2015 copy.png
    WP_20150610_12_35_11_Pro_06-10-2015 copy.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 176