Let's see some leopard enclosures

AsaGarcia03

I'm getting a leopard tortoise this weekend I wanna see some pictures of enclosures!

Bducks16

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
forest grove, oregon
Here's mine. It's not enclosed but the sphagnum peat moss is constantly steaming and humidity is high. The coolest temp is 82 on the cool side. 100 in its hide and 110 under the mvb. I water the substrate every morning with a 2gallon pump sprayer. The substrate is never dry. Slight dryness under the ceramic heat emitter and mvb by morning time. Just on the top thin layer. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1454446842.222594.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1454446883.425354.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1454446999.863591.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1454447032.580566.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
This is mine: I've added some lighting since this photo was taken but it is pretty much the same otherwise.
View attachment 164178
I love those Lifetime raised beds. I wish we could get them in the UK. I would buy 2 or 3 and join them together for Lola!

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I built this copying @Tom ideas for an enclosed chamber. I built it to slide perfectly into the existing cabinets in my second small garage that is my turtle and tortoise room. I needed the fully insulated type as the garage gets cool - it is 50f in there just now as I went out to take these pictures, but the tortoise nursery stays right at the low 80's to low 100's just under that basking light. You can see the temps shown a little lower as the doors are open for th picture! As you can see in the picture of the doors closed, the windows fog up pretty much with the cool outside temps even though I double glazed the doors. I also had to use a fluorescent tube with a small wattage incandescent flood a little closer since a MVB bulb overheats the chamber even this time of year. I love the prayer plants as they do good in artificial light especially with the UV tube. Also think I will add a few spider plants. Like to give the torts a way to feel like they are hiding and shaded from the light and UV Keep 5 very young tortoises in here. It's 2.5' x 4' and 2' highTortoise Nursery closed.JPG Tortoise Nursery open.jpg

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I created closed chambers for the babies indoors. Hot and humid :)

495 345.jpg

495 (18).jpg

487 078.jpg

477 013.jpg

Outdoors the babies had overgrown grasses, weeds and semi buried shelters. I removed the plywood/hardware cloth cover for the photo. It was heavily shaded...

492 074.jpg
Keeping them cool and hydrated while outside is important
488 122.jpg

Small Juvenile outdoor enclosure. Lots of plants and sun/shade at all times (these guys came inside at night to sleep in a hot n humid closed chamber)

486 307.jpg
Larger juvenile outdoor enclosure with a locking, heated humid house for night time.
492 070.jpg

Hope this helps give you some ideas!

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
I love those Lifetime raised beds. I wish we could get them in the UK. I would buy 2 or 3 and join them together for Lola!
Yeah, that is really too bad that you can't get them over there. Maybe one day...hopefully. They're so convenient for people like me who don't have much time or skill to build one from scratch.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Recently I took in a 2 year old leopard baby from one of our members in SoCal, plus I have a brand new hatchling. They're both in the same aquarium for now, but as more eggs hatch, I'll have to set up a bigger area for them. The "rescue" is in the foreground and the baby is way in the back, barely visible:

leopard habitat a.jpg

leopard habitat b.jpg