Lets see pictures of your guys Leopard Tortoise enclosure.

tortoisenoob42

Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
I really love the look of these torts, i think they are beautiful "almost more than my girlfriend but don't tell her that haha..." But what i really like to see is the enclosure design indoor or out or both lol. The way i see some enclosure designs is like a movie set. Let me explain what i mean. So you have you 1,000 dollar tort so your gonna need a place to put him or her. You wouldn't want to see Robert Downy Jr. playing a part in a really bad movie like Sharknado or something like that. So you wouldnt want to see a very expensive and beautiful tort in a ugly poor designed enclosure.

What do you guys think of my comparison lol im curious to what you all think...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The look of the enclosure is not near as important as the functionality of it and the size. Here is my three leopards and a russians shed.
53fb080505ccdc619eabca8b63e9f8b2.jpg

The yard in the pic is for the leopards only. It has actually been expanded into a L shape. The russians outside enclosure is not connected to the shed, he will never get too big to carry. Well, the leopards won't either. If I have pic of the inside I will post that too.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I'll do my best to post photos from my phone...It's not as easy as using my computer, lol :p

Here are some photos of my leopard hatchling chamber

2zgynfa.jpg

1qpr7p.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2z8p08i.jpg[/IMG]

The outside juvenile enclosure

2v01zmf.jpg

211t2lx.jpg

The larger juvenile leopard's former yard

vyw8kz.jpg

2hgz6mx.jpg

Now that I live in Oregon I only have the 1 leopard and he lives outside with free range of the entire backyard (tort proof) and a heated house.

I have photos on my PC of the outside hatching enclosure, the juvenile closed chamber and my leopard's current yard with tort house. I'll try and share those later ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm standing at the far southern end of the leopard tortoise yard to take the picture:

leopard tortoise yard 5-2-15 a.jpg

The Babcocks are on the right side and the SA leopards are on the left side. You can see one of the adult females under the bush in the right yard. Then I've moved up in front of the bushes to show the rest of the yard looking towards the north end:

leopard tortoise yard 5-2-15 b.jpg leopard tortoise yard 5-2-15 c.jpg leopard tortoise yard 5-2-15 d.jpg

The shed is divided inside and this is the Babcock's entrance:

leopard tortoise yard 5-2-15 e.jpg

Here's the SA female hiding under the Malva bush. You can see why they're colored like they are. The shell looks just like the sun shining through the bush onto the ground:

leopard tortoise yard 5-2-15 f.jpg

This is a picture I took of the yards after the newly planted grasses had sprouted back in March of '14. I either have too many tortoises in this yard, or the grass wasn't the right kind to be able to withstand grazing. Compare the following picture to the first picture in this series:

leopard tortoise yard 3-10-14 b.jpg

tortoisenoob42

North Carolina
I'll do my best to post photos from my phone...It's not as easy as using my computer, lol :p

Here are some photos of my leopard hatchling chamber

2zgynfa.jpg

1qpr7p.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2z8p08i.jpg[/IMG]

The outside juvenile enclosure

2v01zmf.jpg

211t2lx.jpg

The larger juvenile leopard's former yard

vyw8kz.jpg

2hgz6mx.jpg

Now that I live in Oregon I only have the 1 leopard and he lives outside with free range of the entire backyard (tort proof) and a heated house.

I have photos on my PC of the outside hatching enclosure, the juvenile closed chamber and my leopard's current yard with tort house. I'll try and share those later ;)

Oh my what type of substrate are you using in your indoor enclosure?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
My current leopard yard

1006141005a.jpg

1006141005c.jpg

1006141005b.jpg

The heated house... I use a mini oil filled radiator set on a thermostat for about 80F (I slightly adjust the set temp throughout the seasons)

23r4b2s.jpg

Nice and warm plus moderately humid

15xaaok.jpg

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
The juvenile "night time only" closed chamber. It wasn't the prettiest but it did the job ;)

wcfina.jpg

dngdib.jpg

20zsfhy.jpg

And this is just a cute picture from the hatchling chamber.... :rolleyes:

dh2syc.jpg

I'll try and share some of the hatchling outdoor enclosure pics if I get a chance later...lol