Lethargic, Adult Redfoot Tortoise

BradKellerDA

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Hello all. I have an adult Redfoot tortoise that is rather lethargic. She will eat sometimes but not as well as the others I have. She moves from time to time but is not very active overall. I was wondering what could possibly be the cause of this?? Also, what would be the symptoms of an eggbound tortoise? The guy I got her off of said she laid a clutch a few months ago, so I wasn't sure if she is behaving this way because she could possibly be eggbound? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
where are you located? What is this tortoise's enclosure like?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hello all. I have an adult Redfoot tortoise that is rather lethargic. She will eat sometimes but not as well as the others I have. She moves from time to time but is not very active overall. I was wondering what could possibly be the cause of this?? Also, what would be the symptoms of an eggbound tortoise? The guy I got her off of said she laid a clutch a few months ago, so I wasn't sure if she is behaving this way because she could possibly be eggbound? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

Torts need time to adapt to change as they do not like it. Give your tort time.

Please post pics of your tort and her enclosure, if possible.

@ZEROPILOT would be able to help, as he has RF torts.

And welcome to the forum!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Brad:

We'll need a bit more info before we can offer a guess. What temperature is the habitat? What substrate do you use? What lights do you use? What foods do you offer. What size is the tortoise? and on and on

A picture of the habitat also goes a long way in us being able to help you.