let me introduce myself

beccabobbins

Hi Nicola,
I love the enclosure you have made for your little man, it's fantastic! I hope you don't mind me asking what plants you have put in there?
I have spent the last few days making an outdoor area for my little Greek tortoise but it's looking a bit sparse!
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1492986797.227934.jpg

watom

Its not looking as good at the moment.
I have forget me nots - they reseed easily and your enclosure will be covered. I have a mallow, laverta. plantain (again spreads like mad/self seeds). Think there is a flowering currant, rosemary, budlielia, (all little pound shop buys but growing well). I was lucky enough to rehome some navelwort (but thats difficlut to grow). Pansy/viola, geraniums (wild ones again grow and cover the ground well). Dog violets are around at the moment. Sow thistle and teasel.
Seems a lot but gathered over time - i am trying to grow seeds etc but im not really green fingered.
I had all good intentions when i first started and sowed seeds in the enclosure but have realsied that i have probably been pulling up the young growth - so my efforts have been wasted !!!!
Good luck.
Are you in the UK

beccabobbins

Thanks for that! Im in west Dorset, UK.
Theres loads of forget me nots/wild geraniums/thistles growing around the garden so I'll try and move some into the enclosure. I'm also not very green fingered but growing weeds seems to be my speciality!

watom

Thanks for that! Im in west Dorset, UK.
Theres loads of forget me nots/wild geraniums/thistles growing around the garden so I'll try and move some into the enclosure. I'm also not very green fingered but growing weeds seems to be my speciality!
Youll be fine. im in shropshire. Any help just ask. Good Luck