let me introduce myself

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hi and a very warm welcome to the forum to you and your cute tort. :D

I love his home and NOT enclosure. ;) You tort is lucky, touch wood.

watom

Greetings Nicola. Really great little tortoise garden/garden shed you have there in Shropshire. I spent many years in Yorkshire, near Harrogate, and miss the gardens! Lucky tort. Keep the updates coming. Cheers..
Im sure where you live has its plus points too :) I have a friend who relocated to Florida 10 or more years ago, but it was the right thing for her to do (I miss her lots).. I just wish we had better weather here. My garden is squishy, one day hard frosts next sunshine but freezing ????? Little man woke early from hibernation so his shed has a nice clear roof on bad nights :)

watom

Hi and a very warm welcome to the forum to you and your cute tort. :D

I love his home and NOT enclosure. ;) You tort is lucky, touch wood.
Its definately his "home" just wish he wasnt back in it yet :( (still he is nice and warm and well) Your comment has given me the idea to get plaques for the sheds :) The lepoard I am getting is going to have the larger shed with access to the grass area and the rest of the garden. He is called tiny !! Unfortunately his owners had to give him up as they arre having another baby and one of the neighbours trees fell on his home :( A local group have fetched him and i will be rehoming him next month) I will attach a pic x Not met him yet x

IMG_8072_resized.JPG

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Its definately his "home" just wish he wasnt back in it yet :( (still he is nice and warm and well) Your comment has given me the idea to get plaques for the sheds :) The lepoard I am getting is going to have the larger shed with access to the grass area and the rest of the garden. He is called tiny !! Unfortunately his owners had to give him up as they arre having another baby and one of the neighbours trees fell on his home :( A local group have fetched him and i will be rehoming him next month) I will attach a pic x Not met him yet x
A nice tort, though the poor thing has pyramided so much.:( This is an issue that keeps me worried with Oli (my beloved Greek tot); due to the fact that I live in Jordan (the Middle East) where the climate is extremely dry. :( A desert climate. :( I give Oli a daily soak in warm water. Thank GOD things are so far so good. :)

watom

A nice tort, though the poor thing has pyramided so much.:( This is an issue that keeps me worried with Oli (my beloved Greek tot); due to the fact that I live in Jordan (the Middle East) where the climate is extremely dry. :( A desert climate. :( I give Oli a daily soak in warm water. Thank GOD things are so far so good. :)
I have attached another pic, apparently this leopard shell is one of the best the group has seen

20170120_150407_resized.jpg

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I have attached another pic, apparently this leopard shell is one of the best the group has seen
Goodness, where one earth did the poor thing live? Sorry, don't mean to hurt you, but that pyramiding is incredible.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
It's definitely not the most pyramided leopard ever, although that enclosure leaves an awful lot to be desired and had it been raised differently could have been a lot smoother. You will be able to significantly improve on those living accommodations.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new tortoise.

watom

Goodness, where one earth did the poor thing live? Sorry, don't mean to hurt you, but that pyramiding is incredible.
It doesn't hurt me, the first thing I noticed was the shell. Hope he settles on ok with me..

watom

It's definitely not the most pyramided leopard ever, although that enclosure leaves an awful lot to be desired and had it been raised differently could have been a lot smoother. You will be able to significantly improve on those living accommodations.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new tortoise.
Thank you and I hope so. Not sure how he was kept before. I have a lovely letter from the old owner, they did love him and grateful I am taking him in. He will learn to eat properly with me

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He's very dirty. The skin on his head is actually tan. He can benefit from a nice, long, warm soak when you get him. Then gently scrub him with a soft brush.