Leopards are a-hatchin'!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I wish I could get a little consistency in hatching these darned eggs. Some of them take 4 or 5 months, and then the eggs all hatch at different times, some of them take 3 months and hatch all at the same time. This batch is just a few days past the 3 month mark:

Leopard tortoise eggs 8-24-16.jpg

I have the incubator set for 88-89F degrees. This a.m. when I opened this one the thermometer showed 88F degrees.

I wish I could get my YF eggs to hatch at all, let alone in a timely manner:

YF eggs 8-24-16.jpg

A couple of these are from July last year, some from Jan and Feb this year. I just leave them in there until they either explode or I'm very, very sure they're no good.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Lol they knew it was safe, because Will is mailing my baby out today.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Nice one Yvonne.
I've taken a picture out of the Vinke Vinke book, don't know if it gives you any new info on incubating yellowfoot eggs, but here you go. According to this 77f to 86f and up to 95% humidity.
IMG_20160824_194421.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My sulcatas were spotty and inconsistent this year too. Must be something in the air…

I'm sitting on a whole bunch of SA leopards eggs right now. Four clutches already in the incubator and four more clutches still chilling. I'll let you know how it goes. All first time moms, so I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worse...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My sulcatas were spotty and inconsistent this year too. Must be something in the air…

I'm sitting on a whole bunch of SA leopards eggs right now. Four clutches already in the incubator and four more clutches still chilling. I'll let you know how it goes. All first time moms, so I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worse...

I had four clutches of SA leopard eggs in the cooker, but one clutch exploded an egg at a time. The others don't look much better.