Leonardo's Outside enclosure

Rue

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Very nice! Can he dig under the fence? And what about heat in the house?

Just asking since I'm in planning mode...:D

Heather87

He's not much of a digger right now...so I'll cross that bridge when it gets here.

No heat yet. I live in central Texas so the weather is warm during the day and I bring him in at night until the nights aren't so cool.

I still have stuff to do..this isn't a finished project.

Reactions: Rue

Heather87

I'm looking for a wall mount heat device that has a thermostat...so if you know of any please let me know!

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Looks nice so far! And so much space for plants!! :) I like what you've done so far. The fountain is a good idea too. I hate washing out my terra cotta saucer. XD

Heather87

Thank you! & YES!! I made a list of safe edible plants and will be heading to the local nursery to get two (maybe more) of about 10 different ones! I'm super excited about the decorating part!

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Thank you! & YES!! I made a list of safe edible plants and will be heading to the local nursery to get two (maybe more) of about 10 different ones! I'm super excited about the decorating part!
Me too! :) I had a fun time shopping and planting last summer. I hope those plants really grow more this year!
Is there any kind of big leaf plants that are safe?
How about a hibiscus? Also, it doesn't have large leaves, but my Spirea provides a hiding place for my Russian since he can crawl under it.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
He's finally big enough where I feel safe to leave him outside..alone!

Here is Leo's new crib! Still got a long ways until it's finished but at least it's off to a good start.
Love this. That box would make a good heated box like what Tom makes. Is it insulated?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm Tom.

Here are a couple of examples of how to heat your night box:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/another-night-box-thread.88966/
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/double-door-night-box.129054/

About the plants you are planning to buy:
Plants for sale at nurseries, garden centers, and hardware stores are all grown at commercial nurseries. Commercial nurseries use systemic pesticides in their soil to keep the plants healthy and bug free as they go to market. These toxic pesticides are absorbed into the plants tissues and can last one year.

It is best to grow your own from seed, or get cuttings from safe, long established plants in friends, neighbors and family member's gardens.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
I'm Tom.

Here are a couple of examples of how to heat your night box:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/another-night-box-thread.88966/
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/double-door-night-box.129054/

About the plants you are planning to buy:
Plants for sale at nurseries, garden centers, and hardware stores are all grown at commercial nurseries. Commercial nurseries use systemic pesticides in their soil to keep the plants healthy and bug free as they go to market. These toxic pesticides are absorbed into the plants tissues and can last one year.

It is best to grow your own from seed, or get cuttings from safe, long established plants in friends, neighbors and family member's gardens.
That can last up to a year? Wow, thanks for the info! :)