Latest photo of my 11 year old Desert Tortoise

JohnnyB65

Location (City and/or State)
Southern CA High Desert
My daughter took this photo yesterday with her cellphone and I was amazed because I just never thought to take a close up like this before especially with a cellphone, but then I'm not up on technology. LOL

It’s also probably the first time I’ve seen my tortoise up close like this and was just wondering if he looks alright. He hasn't been out of hibernation very long and only just now starting to eat. Or at least his regular food although I noticed that all the weeds that popped up this year have been slowly diminishing. I never noticed him eating weeds before so I guess I should watering them.

Anyway I just thought I would post his photo.

DesertTortoise3-17_zpsfl58zsnw.jpg

Ejul

My daughter took this photo yesterday with her cellphone and I was amazed because I just never thought to take a close up like this before especially with a cellphone, but then I'm not up on technology. LOL

It’s also probably the first time I’ve seen my tortoise up close like this and was just wondering if he looks alright. He hasn't been out of hibernation very long and only just now starting to eat. Or at least his regular food although I noticed that all the weeds that popped up this year have been slowly diminishing. I never noticed him eating weeds before so I guess I should watering them.

Anyway I just thought I would post his photo.

DesertTortoise3-17_zpsfl58zsnw.jpg
Such a beautiful creature.