Large female Redfoot not moving over potential nest.

Christiaan

Hello everyone I have a question regarding my large female Redfoot she appears to have dug a potential nest but she has not moved from the location for about 12 hours.

Any help would be appreciated.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1476677577.661481.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1476677597.712016.jpg

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Somewhere in Florida
Agree with Zeropilot and Anyfoot---it appears that she simply shuffled herself into a shallow pallet to rest. True, the corner location could be a future nesting spot, but for now she seem to be relaxing.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If your unsure, pic her up. If there is a nest, and she hasn't done anything for some time, I would give her a long warm soak in something that is big enough to give her room to roam, like a bath tub. She could be egg bound. If no nest, leave her be if nothing else seems out of sorts.

Christiaan

I picked her up and it seems like she did do a sizable amount of digging. My enclosure is prone to some flooding but they do have a spot where I made sure they have have dry land 24/7. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1476733207.822917.jpg

The picture may be hard to tell but there's a good 4-6 inches in depth where she was. Also she returns to that spot whenever I move her but this behavior has only happens recently.