Juvenile Box Turtle

iloveturtles88

5 Year Member
I have a juvenile box turtle that I had outdoors but the enclosure I had her in needs work done to it cause I've had the enclosure for years. I decided to bring the turtle inside yesterday (Sept 9) and put her in a tote I got at Walmart. I'm going to just keep her in it and keep her inside until after winter and this also gives me time to work on the enclosure or just build a new one outdoors. My main concern right now is since she's been in the enclosure she has not ate anything and tries to climb out of it. It really worries me that she's not eating. Any idea what I should do? I don't want her to be stressed and not eat :( Have any of you had this happen and how long does it take for them to get used to their new enclosure and want to eat.. ?

Ferretinmyshoes

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
What do you have in the tote with her? I plant mine with soil/coir and live plants and make it as close to being outdoors as possible. Good hides and a water bowl she can fit her whole body in. If the enclosure is too plain she won't like it and it will stress her out. There's going to be some pacing regardless, especially if it's a transparent plastic tote. If she can see through it she wants to go through it. If it's not transparent that will help with the adjustment. She'll settle down over time. But make sure it's well decorated so she feels safe.