IVORY SULCATA THREAD: Aladar's Babies! (ULTRA PHOTO HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
So adorable. Dean, when you get a chance, will you take a pic of them next to a quarter, so we can get a vision of their real size, please:) and I can't believe 5 months has gone by already with these guys.

Your wish is my command! I was just about to put them away for the next 20 hours...so it was a perfect opportunity! (L to R) Quarter, IT-2, IT-3, IT-1.
DSC_0254.JPG

Plus, you get a peek inside the chamber.
DSC_0261.JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, your quick, thank you. Funny, there is a small, medium and large. A good example of why you can't judge the age of a tort by its size.
I know your probably busy enough, but, if you can find the time, I would love if you would once in a while document the way they carry their tails. I don't know if you have seen the thread, but some of us have noticed that more males (different species) seem to carry their tails to the side, while females don't, more straight out. With yours, and the three different sizes, I would love to know who turns out to be what sex, if it goes with their size now and in what way they carried their tails the majority of the time. Of course it will be quite a while before their sexes are known but it will be interesting to have three siblings, with three different sizes, but same care, followed.
I would post the thread for you, but my iPad, since Apples latest bad update, won't let me.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
The ITs were out and about early today. The temps aren't too cool, so they'll romp for awhile. But first! A little Mazuri!

IT-1 just pounds this stuff...and it shows!
DSC_0273.JPG

As usual, IT-2 just watches as IT-3 goes to town!
DSC_0267.JPG

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
FABULOUS photos!!!! I think you should REALLY submit the one eating the dandelion to the forum calendar contest!!!! :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Some new growth hibiscus for the ITs...
DSC_0298.JPG

IT-1 digs right in!
DSC_0309.JPG

IT-2 practically does a handstand to dislodge a piece!
DSC_0307.JPG

IT-3 just doesn't get it!
DSC_0310.JPG
...all's fine...until some bully shows up to spoil the fun! SCRAM!
DSC_0319.JPG

NOTE: IT-2 left a little something to distract Monstro :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
It 2 cracks me up!!!!! They are all awesome!
IT-2 is f-ing hilarious! He has the most personality...always takes the 'wrong' approach to everything!
And, while IT-1 and IT-2 are well over 100 grams...IT-2 has barely grown at all...about 2.5" and 50 grams!
Literally, no bigger than a hatchling! I'm attributing it to exercise...he gets too much! How's that you say?
I'll tell you! He runs...EVERYWHERE! He never does the tortoise crawl! Once my wife referred to him as Rambo...
when he disappeared for a day-and-a-half! Well, now I think if I were to name him anything other than IT-2...
it would be FORREST GUMP! Because if he's going anywhere...HE'S RUNNING!

You should appreciate this @littleginsu

Status
Not open for further replies.