Is this normal during shedding?

neosymmetric

I have a Russian and I only had him around a month or so and never experienced him shedding before, but now he's shedding and he won't stay still. I'm happy to see him so active, but i'm worried that he's irritated by teh shedding? I've been soaking him and that seems to calm him down a little, but I don't know if this is normal behavior or not.

Typically he's active but this is just increased activity, he's not really burrowing but he's taking all the substrait from one end and moving it to the other, constnatly climbing on and off his rocks, trying to climb ontop of his hut, actually moving his hut to the middle of the area. I've recently changed everything and cleaned it all up but other than that everything has been the same except for him shedding.

He's eating fine and seems healthy, but he's my baby and I think I worry a bit too much lol

ninjaturtle10289

I think it's normal but where is he shedding neck feet where then I could help you

From: [SPLASHING SWEAT SYMBOL]ninjaturtle[SPLASHING SWEAT SYMBOL]

neosymmetric

Sorry for the double post, I couldn't go back and edit the post I already submitted.
Here are some pictures.

tumblr_n3n8za10iO1r6dvlfo1_1280.jpg

Thats where he's shedding the most.

tumblr_n3n8za10iO1r6dvlfo2_1280.jpg

I think he may be shedding on his face too? But I don't know

He kept trying to squirm away so the pics aren't the best. Sorry!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Mine don't shed like that. I suspect it has something to do with the way your was housed prior to you getting him.

How are you housing your? Heating, lighting, UV, four temps, substrate?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Maybe you should up the humidity to around 30+%. I'm not sure, my Russians don't shed.

tortnmutt

Washington Coast
When I first got my rt he was shedding terribly. The humidity really helps, I just spray down his enclosure once a day and soak him about twice a week. According to my gauge it goes anywhere from 30-70% humidity.