Is this a hinge back tortoise

Yodaboy

hi this is my first post wondering if anyone could help with identification of this tortoise have taken him in with little information on him

image.jpg image.jpg

Yodaboy

With the stubby face, it looks like a desert tortoise to me.
But I'm no expert. Most of them would still be asleep.;)
Did you find it?
Where? (If so)
No I have a collection of hermans and spur thighs it was given to me as it has been passed around unwanted so trying to identify its species no one seemed to know I am in the uk

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
So much for my desert tortoise theory.:rolleyes:
We have many U.K. members as well as members that can quickly identify tortoises at a glance.
Let's wait and see what they say.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
But some better pictures would be helpful.

Yodaboy

Hope these are better

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    669.1 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    468.5 KB · Views: 28

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
All of my Hingebacks have had a VERY narrow nuchal. This one is pretty broad. Could possibly be Homopus sp? Other than Emys which ones have wide nuchal scutes?

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
No I have a collection of hermans and spur thighs it was given to me as it has been passed around unwanted so trying to identify its species no one seemed to know I am in the uk

So sorry to hear this "unwanted" thing! I would be most happy to have her/him if possible and with love.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Most definitely a captive bred Kinixys belliana nogyuei. should start developing the hinge in a year or so more. I'd add some moisture and protein to the diet to remedy some of the dryness it seems to be showing. Fantastic specimen.

Yodaboy

I give him meal worms and small crickets he eats mushrooms peppers chicory and some fruits doesn't seem to eat any green foods though he is bathed twice a day at the minute doesn't look so dry and is more active any suggestions on his diet would be great thanks

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
With young ones a soak daily worked pretty good for me. However as they get larger they do not eat well if at all for a day after soaking so only did every 3-4 days then a day later feeding would pick up again. I've seen this referred to as having a stomach full of water so not wanting food.