Is this a good place to buy a tortoise

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'd be willing to bet they're in Cameroon. I tried to see the web site and it took me to Tortoise Universe. No where on their site does it say where they are. I'm with David.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Why wouldn't you buy from a member here? If you don't see what your looking for, you can PM members who have sold in the past in the "for sale" section. Not everyone advertises. Good luck in your search.

Peytons torts

Why wouldn't you buy from a member here? If you don't see what your looking for, you can PM members who have sold in the past in the "for sale" section. Not everyone advertises. Good luck in your search.
Do u know any members who sell Egyptians?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
If you go to the Tortoise Breeding section of the forum, it will take you to a page that has Breeder's List at the top. Click on that, and it takes you to another page that says Breeder's List. That will take you to a page that includes all the forum members who breed and sell tortoises.
I did a quick look and did not see Egyptians listed anywhere, but you could still send an email to any of the larger breeders and ask if they can refer you to someone. Good luck!:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Send a Private Conversation request to @HermanniChris . He raises several different species of testudo, but I'm not sure about kleinmanni.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
As far as I know, no forum member sells egyptians, I wish we did, I would love to get one, they are a great species.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Thanks Yvonne for the shout out. We do work with T. kleinmanni along with many other Testudos. To give an idea of what you're looking at when it comes to Testudos, here's a general list from most common and inexpensive, to rarest and most expensive:

Eastern Hermann's tortoise, Northern ibera Greek tortoise, Marginated tortoise, Dalmatian tortoise, Golden Greek tortoise, Russian tortoise, Egyptian tortoise, Libyan Greek tortoise & Western Hermann's tortoise.

Again that's starting with most common and inexpensive, to rarest and most expensive. You'll notice that Russian is towards the end in this list. That's strictly due to the fact that many keepers worldwide actually have difficulty in getting Russians to produce consistently in captivity. We all know that Russians are one of the most common and readily available species in our hobby but that is almost entirely because of farmed and WC imports. Actual CB babies are not as common as Marginated or Eastern Hermann's babies for example, and fetch a higher price typically. With new information and methods available today, keepers are having better success rates with Russians but they are still a ways off from catching up to some of the others.

Also other subspecies of Greek tortoise find their way into that list as well but usually more towards the end. Not always because of a high price, but simply because not enough people are breeding them successfully or even know what they actually have due to poor identification information out there.