Is the plastron a mutt ID.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Could do with someone enlightening me a bit on this subject please. Can we tell if a redfoot is a mutant of localities just by it's plastron, is the plastron a 100% way of saying, "yes that is not of pure locality)

This one is a bit strange to say the least. She looks northern but the plastron suggests some sort of intergrade(is what I'm thinking).
But is there some marbling going on, I wouldn't have thought this one has got any Brazilian in it. If northerns from different localities (let's say Columbia x Suriname) cross do we get this look of marbling. IMG_20160909_173644.jpg IMG_20160909_173622.jpg IMG_20160909_173555.jpg

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Appears to be a normal northern type with very nice markings on the plastron. That isn't marbling---it's sort of a rayed pattern that the occasional northern possesses.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Appears to be a normal northern type with very nice markings on the plastron. That isn't marbling---it's sort of a rayed pattern that the occasional northern possesses.
Few, that is music to my ears, exactly what I was hoping you would say. One of my males is the same.