Is my little radiated tortoise beginning to "pyramiding"?

Geminorum

Location (City and/or State)
China
Hi everyone, I am a newbie here. I bought a baby radiated tortoise two years agoe (in September 2013). And he had a perfect smooth shell at that time.
I think he is about 3 years old now. But just several days ago, I noticed his shell is not smooth anymore. So I just wondered is this normal for a 3 years old radiated or it's really beginning to pyramid?

130g and 3 in Sep 2013.
DSC_3140.jpg
550g and 4.8 inch in Aug 2015.
DSC_6863.jpg DSC_6854.jpg DSC_6909.jpg

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
I'm no expert, but I'd say he looks pretty darn good. Even if it is pyramiding, its extremely slight...looks like you're doing a good job to me :)

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Yes, it's beginning slightly. Look at every aspect of your care and see what you can improve. Reread care sheets at least once a year. The more experience you have, the more you get out of them.

CanadianTestudo

5 Year Member
I would also say there is some pyramiding (I do not own this species however). How are you keeping her? One of the main causes for pyramiding is low humidity and/or a protein rich diet.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I think rads can be a funny (but beautiful) shape when compared to many other torts anyway.
There may be slight pyramiding, but i think it's minimal and you have a beautiful tortoise.
Make sure you have a substrate capable of holding in the moisture and have a covered enclosure.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes some pyramiding. Up the humidity don't have too low of temps like not lower then 80 and make sure your feeding a good varied diet. Take a look at aldabraman radiated threads and you will see what higher humidity can do.
Your tort is still beautiful though.