Is my leopard tortoise's nose ok?

CleoTheLeo

5 Year Member
My tort's nose looks a little odd and I was wondering what you guys thought about it. Maybe I'm just used to owning a hermann. When I first got her I thought it was a little weird and it seems like it's getting worse. The first pic s from the first day i got her and the rest are from today. Today's photos were taken after I soaked her in a bath with calcium powder, the first time I've ever done that. I tried looking at other leopards noses on google, but I just wanna make sure her's is alright.
IMG_6480.JPG

IMG_6688.JPG

IMG_6702.JPG

IMG_6689.JPG

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
Yep. I am not sure, the nares are more pronounced than any of mine. I kind of think it is just the coloring. I don't see anything that looks bad to me. How big is your tortoise?

CleoTheLeo

5 Year Member
She's about 3 1/2 inches long. Along with the nares I'm also a little worried about that rough patch of discolored skin that is a little elevated between her eyes but above her nares. Do any of your torts have that.

Lexiii

CT
Maybe her head is peeling a bit?

Killerrookie

Nothing to worry about here. Mine did that when I had her for a couple months and she's still normal and doing what she does best eat,poop, and eat again! :D
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1433725419.058694.jpg

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
She's about 3 1/2 inches long. Along with the nares I'm also a little worried about that rough patch of discolored skin that is a little elevated between her eyes but above her nares. Do any of your torts have that.
Yes. Leopards have those scales above their noses.