Is it spring yet???

Rachael403

Location (City and/or State)
NE, USA
We just moved this winter, so my box turtles did not get to hibernate this year. I cant wait to start getting their enclosure set up here. We are essentially starting over from scratch so its awesome to see your pictures.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia

Turtlesfromcolo

Colorado

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Looking good. What do you plan on using for a pump to keep it clean? I've been looking into solar ones, but I'm new to the whole pond thing.

I place it in a box filter, the pump also has a filter. The solar pumps work fine if you have space for the panels. I use one in my hatchling pen. I have pvc pipe ran and exclusive GFCI outlets for my ponds so all the bigger ponds are electric and I can thread tubing and electrical without the turtles doing any damage.

Turtlesfromcolo

Colorado
I place it in a box filter, the pump also has a filter. The solar pumps work fine if you have space for the panels. I use one in my hatchling pen. I have pvc pipe ran and exclusive GFCI outlets for my ponds so all the bigger ponds are electric and I can thread tubing and electrical without the turtles doing any damage.
I was going to ask if you treat the water at all?

Turtlesfromcolo

Colorado
Wanted to share my finished project.. My first turtle pond. I like it, hopefully they will too. My boxies love swimming and being in the water just soaking. That's why I went with the 2 separate areas.. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Who in the world would want to live in a region where the weather is so goofy? No wonder my box turtles haven't been as active since coming up from hibernation. They must of known the weather. Today rain and 57, tomorrow 85!!, Monday 65 and then in the 50's for a few days! WTH!!ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1493467852.980384.jpg