Intsun Outdoor Hygrometer/Thermometer

FLGirl41

5 Year Member
I have been looking for a hygrometer/thermometer to measure levels in a heated humid hide for my Hermann's hatchling. I do not have this tortoise yet, but am trying to get everything together in advance. I love my AcuRite hygrometer/thermometer for use in my house; however, I wanted something specifically with a probe, as I'll be measuring levels inside a small hide.

I took a gamble and ordered a product on Amazon with relatively few reviews: the Intsun outdoor hygrometer/thermometer. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JR0PCTI/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20 It cost $13. When I received it, I decided to test it out by placing it right next to my AcuRite (generally considered a very accurate brand) and see how it performed. I have actually been pleasantly surprised by the Intsun's performance. Temperature levels are always within 0.5 degrees of the AcuRite, and humidity levels are always within 2%. I'll be attaching the probe inside the lid of the moist hide, so I hope the probe performs well with high moisture. It says it can measure up to 98% relative humidity, and it's marketed for outdoor use, so as long as I don't directly spray it with water I hope it will continue to perform well.

The user manual is a bit of a joke, but the Intsun is easy to operate with just a few buttons. Here are some specs from Amazon:

Specification:

1. Humidity Range: 10%~98% RH.
2. Temperature Range: 0°C ~ 50°C, 32°F ~ 122°F.
3. Resolution:Temperature: 0.1°C (0.1°F), Humidity: 5%RH.
4. Accuracy: 60% ± 5% RH.
5. Temperatures: ±1°C (1.8°F).
6. Humidity: ±5%RH (40%-80%).
7. Power Supply: 1 x 1.5V (AAA size).
8. Dimension: 120 x 96 x 22 mm(H x L x W).
9. Color: white.
10. Celsius Fahrenheit Conversion: °C / °F

31-i6N1IBlL.jpg