Introduction

KiwiSue

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Hi,
I inherited, I think a desert tortoise from my daughter,who got him from a pet store in Kansas.
I think he is about 5 years old and his name is Theo.
We live in Centennial, Colorado,so I put him in a tank with lights in the winter. He hates being in this, WP_20150802_002.jpg WP_20150802_002.jpg WP_20150802_002.jpg WP_20150802_002.jpg and will turn everything over.
He loves being outside and will burrow and hide or dig under the back gate and make his great escape attempt.
He is also a little aggressive and will bite your toes especially if you have nail polish on.
We are moving sometime this year out of State and would like to find a tortoise lover to adopt him.
Sue

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
That's not a desert tortoise, it's possibly a marginated

KiwiSue

Colorado
Omg, I think he is a Marginated from looking at pictures. That means he is from Europe,well he was probably bred here.
Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Since he was originally purchased at a pet store, he is most likely wild-caught. There's nothing that says you can't take the tortoise with you when you move. Desert tortoises are the only ones that can't be taken out of their home state.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Theo is very handsome-definitely-not-desert-tortoise little dude! Glad you have found us here! Welcome from the edge of Texas Hill Country

KiwiSue

Colorado
I like him,my husband doesn't. But he is always crawling all over my husband when he is working on his bikes outside,it's pretty funny.