Introducing Sheldon

Yessie

Location (City and/or State)
Dubai
Hello, Introducing Sheldon, very new to me.

We live in Dubai at present but in a year time moving to Spain so, I have found Sheldon a week ago (the vet says is a male African tortoise)..., I have no much idea how to find out if I could keep him... so any advice will be most appreciate.
I love animals, and of course I like to do the right thing for Sheldon. I ask to the vet for any advice, seem they were more happy in doing lots of exam and test, and give some medicine couse poor Sheldon has lot of parasites???.....at the end of the examination and 5 days in the vet, they could not tell me if there are any-chance I could, take o register Sheldon as my pet..:eek: it sound to me I am very naive to this so please advise what I shall do... :(:(:(:<3::tort:IMG_8159.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's a Greek tortoise. When we think "African" most of us think Sulcata. That's def. NOT a sulcata!

I'm sorry, but I don't know any of Dubai's regulations about keeping tortoises.

Yessie

Dubai
Hello, thank you- so it is a greek -how can i know how old it is? The vet says about 2 years- seems they don't know much it is so frustrating

Yessie

Dubai
Hi , thanks - he is definitely very handsome, I have written to a few different Vetcare , it seems like i have to leave him in a zoo or santuario...I can't believe, they says thats what people do - i never thought I will be so engaged with a tortoise- there are so beautiful and I have been reading like a maniac trying to find out more