Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi Everyone,

I've been enjoying the posts and learning more than I thought imaginable. We are owned by a Leopard tort named Tank who came to us nearly a year ago because he was no longer wanted. He enjoys outdoor living in a large pen with a heated enclosure in the Central Valley of California. I'm looking forward to learning more and enjoying the commaraderie of other tort keepers.

Sandy

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
uk
Hi Sandy welcome to the forum.:)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Welcome to the forum Sandy and like Robyn said, we love pics!

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Tank truckin' around July 08.jpgThanks for the welcome. This is the first time I've posted on this type of forum, so hopefully this worked? Here's Tank out grazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sandy: I'm located in Central California too. Your leopard was lucky to have found you! Can't imagine why someone would get tired of keeping such a pretty tortoise! Welcome to the forum.

Yvonne

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Sandy: I'm located in Central California too. Your leopard was lucky to have found you! Can't imagine why someone would get tired of keeping such a pretty tortoise! Welcome to the forum.

Yvonne

Thanks Yvonne! He looks better now then he did - they wanted a swimming pool instead of him....so I'm the lucky one.
Sandy:D

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thank you to everyone for your kind words of welcome for Tank and me. We live in a rural area on nearly two acres in CA and decided we should double Tank's outdoor enclosure. While in the process of doing that, we decided we have room and desire to add a second Leopard tortoise to our family - so if anyone has any recommendations where best to find, adopt, buy one, let me know. Thanks!

Sandy

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Yes, Many Welcomes to you & Tank, Sandy! You're sure to find lots of knowledgeable and friendly tort peeps here ~ and yeah, he sure is a beauty! Congrats & bestest wishes in your search for a buddy for him ~ You might wanna contact Spike ~ he's very helpful!

Again, warm welcome ~
Purpod

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
awww thanks purpod. i do what i can when i can. cant wait to see you and everyone on sept 6th for the BIGGEST SHOW OF THEM ALL! hopefully this time it lives up to all the hipe!

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
They are compliments well deserved! ;) And yes, this purpod-haired femur will be there with bells on, LOL ~

Purpod

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Hi Sandy! Having lived there at one time, California is certainly a tortoise friendly environment. Your tortoise is lucky to have you. Glad you've joined.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Hello and welcome to TFO!!! You have a cute tort there!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tank has a very handsome shell. Bet they get bored with the pool, before you do with Tank. :D

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum Sandy :D Tank looks great :D

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.