Intro Post After Much Lurking

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaneF

5 Year Member
Hi,

I'm Jane who is now fascinated by tortoises thanks to my teenage son who desperately wanted them. Our two Russian tortoises Ivan and Evelyn were his May, 2010, 8th grade graduation presents.

Thanks to all of you I know we did many things wrong and a few right, but we're trying hard to be responsible tortoise managers.

Despite human shortcomings, our torts seem pretty happy. I'll try to attach a couple of pictures from their adventures today. We've been exercising them in the yard, and plan to make this wading pool into a mini nature playpen. We just began with the rocks.

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Jane:

Welcome to the forum!! Your tortoises look pretty good. Looks like a male and a female.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
what a happy thought! new member and potential new tort babies! Welcome Jane!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Jane and welcome! Looks like your being a wonderful tortoise manager! :D So has your son enjoyed them as much as he thought he would?

JaneF

5 Year Member
Thanks again, everyone. I finally decided to post because you seemed so welcoming and helpful as a community. Not all BBs are so decent :).

Yes, my son finds the tortoises very enjoyable. Since we've always been a mammal family, we've had to develop a reptile mentality. They really have quite the personalities!

As for eggs and babies, son thinks that is a fine idea, but I need a little more tortoise tutoring before I can imagine that. It's clear there are plenty of knowledgeable sources of information here, thankfully.

I'm sure we'll have more pics; they're pretty hilarious to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.