Impressa ?

johndesiles

5 Year Member
Hello everybody Already having Manouria emys, I would want to have of Manouria impressa, know you to whom I can turn(shoot) in Asia to have animals with CITIES. Thank you for your participation

johndesiles

5 Year Member
Yes I am a Frenchman, a resident in France
It is simpler to find of Manouria Impressa in Asia while in Europe it is impossible!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I would love to see you be able to purchase and work with this species, Jonathan. Good luck in finding some. Please keep us informed of your progress.

johndesiles

5 Year Member
Yes thank you yvonne G, I like very much your forum And your kindness spontaneous has to translate my messages:) I look forward to the laying(eggs) of my manouria, méme if I am not in the point for l incubation.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
It is very hard to find impressa in Europe yes-a few have popped up though now and again. The problem with buying from Asia would be you would have to import them so some may die during that stage and then they will have a very heavy parasite load. Hamm will no doubt have CB babies.

johndesiles

5 Year Member
It seems to me that most in Europe are not CB and would result from Asia It is for his(her,its) that I would want to cross(spend) directly by Indonesia. Biensur to make things in rules(rulers) with C.I.T.E.S. I shall make even the travel(movement) to take them and worm before.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Hi,

To get then legal in Europe is difficult....
Illegally us not so difficult :-D
Before 3 moths there came a big import of impressa to Europe you know?
But in Switzerland there is a project of manouria impressa do you know it?

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Also the most impressa which are imported from Asia are breeds from Asian impressa breeders. The exporters which export them to Europe buy them from the food market in Indonesia for example. Adults at the food market coast 30$ :-D and here you can sell then for more than thousand...

johndesiles

5 Year Member
Hello Juli
Yes he(it) is very difficult of importer of Indonesia of Manouria Impressa, some people were able to make him thus why not me.
It is just necessary to me to find a person in Indonesia which gives up(sells) animals and which makes a demand(request) C.I.T.E.S.

The Swiss is going to import Impressa?

Thank you has you

EricIvins

5 Year Member
There is no Export Quota issued for Impressa out of Indonesia.....

johndesiles

5 Year Member
Pour les phayrei vous savez ?
bien cordialement

(Google translate: For phayrei you know?
cordially)

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
EricIvins said:
There is no Export Quota issued for Impressa out of Indonesia.....

That's what I hate most in CITES

If it's CITES II for example the so call CB progeny may be trade-able after F2 or so without quota but all so call CB from Indonesia are from elsewhere ( Thailand , Laos , Vietnam and maybe Malaysia ..... ) most if not all those in the trade out of Asia will be WC or CH from WC gravid female ......

Since our European friend mention M impressa commanding thousand of euro a piece , most money minded businessmen in Asia will think of a way to neutralized some WC impressa as CB !!

Just like some time ago many Indian Star being CB with CITES out of some middle eastern country ( tortoise laundering maybe thru a third country )

Cheers

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
ImageUploadedByTortForum1385901530.704478.jpg

I do impressa too ( breed a few since I have them since few years back ) but no CITES acquired for my herd - tried but got rejected by my governing authority since year 0 !!

Reason being my founding stock are not CITES !!

My first impressa babies are from WC gravid female from indo-china ( supplier never reveal exact details to me or do they know ? )

Cheers

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortForum1385901493.852068.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1385901493.852068.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by a moderator:

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
The project in swize is a project too to get some knowledge about this species in captivity. If you you want to get animals from this project you have to visit some presentation about this species. Also you have to pay 200€ I think. I'm not sure you have to ask victor misslin. He is the host.

EricIvins

5 Year Member
The only country that has Export Quota for Impressa is Vietnam. Malaysia may grant more Permits in the coming years, but that is the only legal source. However, only a select few Exporters in Vietnam get that quota, and they are fairly exclusive with Importers here in the US.

There has not been Export Quota for Phayrei in years...

johndesiles

5 Year Member
You speak about wholesaler i looked and anything found which had impressa has to sell in asia legally
Can turn me please ?
Thank you

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Yes in ASIA :-D but you have to think about that that you have to import them legally to Europe. But to import animals from Asia to France would be easier as to Germany for example...

johndesiles

5 Year Member
Ihave authorization to make him(it);) I have the certificate of capacity breeding ground tortoise. I just need to find somebody indonesie who can have the C.I.T.E.S export. Later I ask for the C.I.T.E.S import. Juli you can help me and say to me boy in Indonesia?