I'm thinking female

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
This is the very first sulcata I hatched 3 years ago and it's looking very very female to me now that's of some size. I figured I'd see what others thought. She is right under 10 inches ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428204289.468184.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
That's looking pretty female so far, but I'm not ready to call it yet. I have five that age and they are similarly sized and look almost identical to yours. Just don't know yet.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
The tail is saying female...the ananl scutes are saying male...is the plastron flat or concave?

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
The tail is saying female...the ananl scutes are saying male...is the plastron flat or concave?
Super flat. The siblings have slightly narrower anal scutes with exactly the same tail structure

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I made the same mistake with Jamie( erJimmy)! Flat plastron, small tail, U-shaped anal scutes (yours are more V-shaped and wider)...MONSTRO! even mounted her (him) regularly. Then, at about 4 years old...FLASH! :p I wish you the best...but I'm still a little (ok...a lot) skeptical!

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I made the same mistake with Jamie( erJimmy)! Flat plastron, small tail, U-shaped anal scutes (yours are more V-shaped and wider)...MONSTRO! even mounted her (him) regularly. Then, at about 4 years old...FLASH! :p I wish you the best...but I'm still a little (ok...a lot) skeptical!
If you end up being right, can I blame you?? Lol

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've had 8 year old males with flat plastrons. Some of them don't show this trait until much later on.