If the Gallery Ain't Working

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Infrared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! Guess what?! I just got an infrared lens and the flash diffusers(don't know how to spell that)! I'm going to be taking a lot of pictures to practice this week. I'll be sure to share them.
I really like the focus in that picture and the lighting is so cool. I may have to steal your idea. I so happen to have a Russian tortoise to use in the picture. ;)

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Hehe, it has a photo from my outdoor enclosure thread, with the Testudo Mix plants wrapped around it. Stevie is looking right at the camera in the picture, and I've always thought he looked pretty happy with his new salad buffet... ;)

View attachment 205937
Awww, that's so cute!!!! That's a really great idea. If I drank coffee I would get one right now. Stevie is a little model. :p

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Awww, that's so cute!!!! That's a really great idea. If I drank coffee I would get one right now. Stevie is a little model. :p
Aw, many thanks! :) I originally got it to annoy my coworkers who had their kids' photos on everything. Stevie's my kid!

GingerLove

5 Year Member
My infrared doesn't look cool yet. :( I'm still practicing. I set up a tripod and tried taking some pics while I was at the beach, but I think I need to set it for a longer exposure because they keep turning out too dark. Any tips @saginawhxc or anyone? I really want to learn how to use this thing.beach2017cam 257.JPG beach2017cam 265.JPG

GingerLove

5 Year Member
While I was at the beach, I also found a hole that I think belongs to a gopher tortoise, but I couldn't find him inside. There were two holes very close to each other. I kept coming back to check if he was inside!!! And here are some pics I took of a giant sea turtle in rehabilitation at the Marine Science Center, for those of you who are interested!!! I discovered that though I find sea turtles to be AMAZING, tortoises are still my favorite. :D Oh, and a turtle.beach2017cam 236.JPG beach2017cam 238.JPG beach2017cam 094.JPG beach2017cam 093.JPG beach2017cam 092.JPG

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Believe it or not, her bowl was clean just two seconds ago. Anyone else have this problem? :pginger2017again 008.JPG
And when confronted, she didn't even feel guilty about it!!!ginger2017again 009.JPG ginger2017again 010.JPG

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
My infrared doesn't look cool yet. :( I'm still practicing. I set up a tripod and tried taking some pics while I was at the beach, but I think I need to set it for a longer exposure because they keep turning out too dark. Any tips @saginawhxc or anyone? I really want to learn how to use this thing.View attachment 206380 View attachment 206381
I am certainly no photographer, but I still like this second photo here. Very nice. :)
Believe it or not, her bowl was clean just two seconds ago. Anyone else have this problem? :pView attachment 206558
Typical Russian! Mine too! XD

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
My infrared doesn't look cool yet. :( I'm still practicing. I set up a tripod and tried taking some pics while I was at the beach, but I think I need to set it for a longer exposure because they keep turning out too dark. Any tips @saginawhxc or anyone? I really want to learn how to use this thing.View attachment 206380 View attachment 206381

IR photography usually takes a lot longer exposures, keep at it. The more you shoot the better it gets. I've only done it on film and don't have anything I'm proud of worth scanning to show off.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
IR photography usually takes a lot longer exposures, keep at it. The more you shoot the better it gets. I've only done it on film and don't have anything I'm proud of worth scanning to show off.
Your profile looks infrared!! Did you just do regular black and white for that photo or infrared? I think the problem was probably that the wind was blowing the grass so that it just got too blurry. It also looks a little "flat" like it might need a wider aperture or something. Oh well. Next test will be on Ginger. :) And I'd love to see your photos! When you feel bad about yours, just look at mine. I'm sure yours are much better!

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I am certainly no photographer, but I still like this second photo here. Very nice. :)

Typical Russian! Mine too! XD
Thank you! Still trying to work out the kinks. Russians are messy little stinkers. I'm sure Ginger and your tortie would get along great. :p

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
I've never shot IR in my life, so no real advice to give. Sorry. I'm assuming longer exposures though.

And editing goes a long long way. Once upon a time dodging and burning was quite a process. Now I can pull a photo up in Lightroom and lighten shadows, darken bright spots, increase contrast, and sharpen with a click of a few buttons.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I've never shot IR in my life, so no real advice to give. Sorry. I'm assuming longer exposures though.

And editing goes a long long way. Once upon a time dodging and burning was quite a process. Now I can pull a photo up in Lightroom and lighten shadows, darken bright spots, increase contrast, and sharpen with a click of a few buttons.
Wait a second... then what's the pictures you posted above?!! They aren't infrared? Dang, they look GOOD!! So it's called Lightroom, aye? I'm gonna look into that.

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
No, those are simply black and white photos.

Yeah, Lightroom is made by Adobe (Photoshop) and it is hands down the best program for light simple edits and for cataloging.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
No, those are simply black and white photos.

Yeah, Lightroom is made by Adobe (Photoshop) and it is hands down the best program for light simple edits and for cataloging.
Well for Heaven's sake I could have sworn that was infrared! That's awesome!