Identification

Trev P

Have inherited a Tortoise and was wondering if someone could identify which species it is.P1110507.JPG P1110508.JPG P1110510.JPG P1110509.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Trev P

Looks like a greek to me.
Hi Yvonne
You think it is a Greek and then move my post to the Greek forum. I do not think this is very beneficial to my question. You are not 100% sure it is a Greek and now because you have moved my post it will not get the amount of people look at it as would have done in a general forum. If for instance i had a particular breed of tortoise i would probably not go into forums that are for other kinds of tortoise. Perhaps it would have been more beneficial to leave it where it was for at least a week as it would have got more people traffic. I asked the question as i inherited it and know nothing about it and want to make sure it is treated and fed correctly.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
What country are you in? Looks Greek to me as well, but I never feel confident in iding the different Testudo species.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A Geek tort, I think.

And a very warm welcome to the forum.

(By the way, I have had Oli - my beloved Greek tort for six years).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm sorry if I offended you. I'll send a shout-out to @HermanniChris You can accept his I.D. of the tortoise as gospel. If he doesn't know if it's Greek or not, I'll move the thread back to "general."

Trev P

I'm sorry if I offended you. I'll send a shout-out to @HermanniChris You can accept his I.D. of the tortoise as gospel. If he doesn't know if it's Greek or not, I'll move the thread back to "general."
Hi Yvonne
You did not offend me I was just a little miffed. You thought it was a Greek so moved the thread. If you could contact that person and ask them if they know would be good. I believe the Greeks have spurs on there back legs so shall check tomorrow.

Trev P

A Geek tort, I think.

And a very warm welcome to the forum.

(By the way, I have had Oli - my beloved Greek tort for six years).
Hi Gillian
Ours was inherited from a friend and is 52 years old. Thanks for the welcome.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
You have a Greek tortoise without a single doubt and it looks to be either T. graeca graeca or T. graeca marokkensis but I would need to see clearer shots, top and bottom.