1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!
  2. Hey Guest! Pre-order your 2015 Tortoise Calendar TODAY! Proceeds go to keeping TFO online and FREE for everyone! Thanks for your love and support!

Ideas for outdoor Housing

Discussion in 'Tortoise Enclosures' started by MistyChee', Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistyChee'

MistyChee' Member

Good afternoon everyone, I am looking for ideas to make an outdoor "house" for my tortoise's outdoor enclosure. What I was using isn't working because she digs under the sides and the plastic falls and traps her. She's never outside without supervision so that's not detrimental but extremely annoying. What are you guys using for a tortoise house outside? Thanks for any advice and or information! [hr]

image-1594578924.png

This is an older picture, but the white plastic thing was her house. I just wanted to show it because I don't know what it's called.
    Anyways it's not working and isn't in the enclosure anymore. Like I said this is an older picture. Beauty now has grass and plants to hide under and munch on also.
  2. Tom

Tom The Dog Trainer

3. MistyChee'

MistyChee' Member

Thanks Tom!
    I'm going to check those out!!