Ideas for new digs for Jacques?

Alex Z

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NYC
Hi Mooz!
I like the idea of a 40 gallon breeder tank. You can get an aquarium stand for it in time and decent filtration too.
Since you're on a limited budget acquire things as you can afford them. The tank first, the stand and then filtration. The filters are highly variable but I recommend the Cascade 1000 models that you can get online for about $99.00. Yes, a somewhat expensive filter but they are awesome and last for years.
Sorry about your thumbs and arthritis--many of us have this as we get into our 50s and 60s.
Once the filter is set up and running they aren't too difficult to service once every 6 weeks and you should be able to manage it.
I'll try and post up some pics tomorrow.

Another option is the sunsun cannisters going for 80 plus on amazon..priming is a lil annoyijg but once its up and running its a very inexpensive solution.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
That is really big enough to keep a turtle in? Seems small for a turtle to grow up in.
Oh yeah! The 2x3 foot variety is much larger than many aquariums that are often used. With an added nest box, you could breed groups of Spotted, Musk or Mud Turtles in one of these tubs. For one Mud Turtle, a tub like this would be tremendous.