Ideas for a simple indoor or outdoor enclose

(r.t)

Location (City and/or State)
Spain
Pleas can anyone give me simple ideas to make a simple indoor enclosure? If possible can it be simple and having in mind I haven't got much space.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Pleas can anyone give me simple ideas to make a simple indoor enclosure? If possible can it be simple and having in mind I haven't got much space.
Hi. Do you already have a tort?

May, Aussies, & THBs
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
A two story wood enclosure, a big tote, livestock tub, plastic kiddy pool.

algoroth1

5 Year Member
South Florida
Hi. for a simple outdoor enclosure, take a look at "Inflatable Outdoor Enclosure" in this section. let me know if this works for you. All the best!

(r.t)

Spain
It's a great and original idea! But my outdoor enclousure has to be adequate for a terrace in the city, and the inflatable pool is not good for a terrace but a garden. Thanks anyway :)

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Cinderblocks. No mortar needed, easy to reconfigure if you expand. Slight gaps are even good for drainage.

You can put planters in front if you don't like the look.

You can use other types of building blocks, but this is probably cheapest. There is a narrower block that is perfectly stable & easier to maneuver as well as cheaper still.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
It's a great and original idea! But my outdoor enclousure has to be adequate for a terrace in the city, and the inflatable pool is not good for a terrace but a garden. Thanks anyway :)
A book case flipped over:
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1409152326.087428.jpg Maybe you can find a carpenter who will make a 2 storied?

(r.t)

Spain
Nice enclousure! My dad was thinking in buying some cheap ikea piece of furniture and turn it into a terrarium. We were also thinking it could have wheels so we could move the terrarium around the living room (not ALL the time just sometimes) as my tort is ver social and is always very fond of being wherever the people are.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Nice enclousure! My dad was thinking in buying some cheap ikea piece of furniture and turn it into a terrarium. We were also thinking it could have wheels so we could move the terrarium around the living room (not ALL the time just sometimes) as my tort is ver social and is always very fond of being wherever the people are.
That enclosure isn't mine, but I suggest choosing the largest area for your tortoise :)

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Wheels are good because you can clean underneath & catch the sun. Mine respond to sunlight through the window even more than the lamp.

(r.t)

Spain
Wheels are good because you can clean underneath & catch the sun. Mine respond to sunlight through the window even more than the lamp.
The lamp is suposed to imitait sunlight but it's not the same they will usually like sunlight more.

algoroth1

5 Year Member
South Florida
You bet. Good luck with your search. We've got l lots of creative folks here and I'm sure someone will be able to help. All the best.