Ideas and thoughts needed. (fleas)

scottishscott

5 Year Member
Hello folks. Been sometime since I've been on here posting. Things have just been going super with Rhino.

I've got a dilemma that involves fleas. We have a little flea problem this year. What with Rhino outdoors in the backyard, is there anything at all that a can use to treat for flees? DE does not work here. These fleas backstroke in it. I look forward to your suggestions.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Dog and cat fleas will not bother your tortoise. Are you wanting to treat the area for your own comfort?

There is a species of nematode worm that is marketed here that attack and consume flea larva. I wonder if you could get them there?

scottishscott

5 Year Member
Hey Tom. Mainly for our other furry four legged friends comfort. I can cope but I hate seeing them not being able to relax. I've tried the nematodes before and the wife said we wasted our money since there wasn't any marked improvement.

If I got the granules that kill fleas, since they are heavy enough to fall through to soul, would you think that is fine? Rhino is a top space of grass eater, always has been. He never eats directly of the ground or at least I've never seen him. Any thoughts on this?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This spring I had a real bad flea problem too. I treated all the property where tortoises didn't live with flea spray for yards, put flea treatment on all the cats and dog, and soon my flea problem was gone.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Treat all furry pets with advantage every month. Do not flea bomb your house though.