Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
By the way, last time I weigh him , it was 410 grams

I have been feeding him 2 mice a week, one time I gave him 3 but trew up 2,

At the pet store, they call the mice Boston, I forgot to weigh them but will do it tommorrow, I called them yasterday and was told they do sell frozen mice.

Kind regards,

You can also order frozen mice in bulk on-line from several sources. You can custom choose which size suits you best.

Reactions: Lev

Lev

Thanks,

The thing is, I am in Mexico, not sure if they will arrive frozen or well done :)

Yestertday was a little hot, 40 degrees celcius

You can also order frozen mice in bulk on-line from several sources. You can custom choose which size suits you best.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks,

The thing is, I am in Mexico, not sure if they will arrive frozen or well done :)

Yestertday was a little hot, 40 degrees celcius

They pack them in insulated containers and sometimes add dry ice to keep them frozen. I can't speak from experience, but I'll bet there are Mexican sources for frozen mice. Each time I have worked down there, I noticed a healthy pet care industry. Especially in and around Mexico city. Lots of pet shops with a variety reptiles. Somebody down there has to have figured out how to make money this way.

If not, I guess you'll have to do the deed yourself. You can still buy live ones in bulk and kill and freeze a bunch at the same time. That's what I would do.

daniellenc

Maryland
Regurgitating is very serious and will kill a snake. Do not feed multiple times a week please! At 410 grams you have an adult. One small rat every 7-10 days or even every 2 weeks is more than enough. Do not feed multiple prey items they can't handle it. When they regurge they can't digest for awhile and usually need nutribac to rebuild gut flora for digestion. After a regurge you should be feeding very small meals every 2 weeks to let them rebuild gut flora slowly so basically one small mouse every two weeks for at least three feedings. You should go surf cornsnakes.com. Good people and great info!

daniellenc

Maryland
Oh and there are very cheap bulk mice or rat companies for f/t feeders. Get a mini freezer and stock away. Always thaw in very hot water and never in the microwave.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I have a Motley corn snake .He will bite the crap out of you . No joke it's mean . But so cool to watch . The way I keep from getting attacked is use a snake stick to get him out of the enclosure. Then he will chill out . Also don't feed them in their enclosures. Get you a box of some kind and feed in that . Keeps them from wanting to bite every time you open the enclosure.

daniellenc

Maryland
A motley corn snake is it a normal corn? I ask because motley is pattern and most all corns do not bite. Blood reds can be semi feisty but even they aren't that nippy.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It's a pattern. The pet stores and some snake people call them that. He's just a corn snake that's orange.
He's a biter . I got him like a year and a half ago . Some dude my boy works with gave him to me . He's young and fiesty.

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
BTW- to the OP- the mouse needs to be thawed but it does not have to be hot. It can be room temperature. Use long tongs to feed. Good luck.

Lev

Hi,
Has any of you installed pc fans in you terrarrium?

It gets pretty hot here in Mexico,

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Not in my snake enclosure, but I do have them in my tortoise sheds .