I need sulcata info

kennie dillard

Ok I just brought this tortoise about 3 months ago only because the owner refused to take her to the vet to treat her uri so I paid 30$ for her not knowing what I was getting in to im in the process of building a tortoise table for her shes in a 20 gal tank at night but runs the yard all day but the vet says shes around 4years old but shes small compared to everything iv read online what foods should she be fed to help her catch up size wise oh yeah my name is kennie and im from alabama

1436844638340-1775095546.jpg 1436844697383828079124.jpg 1436844743350-867068304.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
As you know, The 20 gallon tank is much too small, even for a hatchling. I'm glad you're building a tortoise table. Share your ideas before building it, so you won't have to change too many things. Your tortoise has been raised incorrectly. Those bumps, are a severe case of pyramiding, caused from improper husbandry. It was not kept hydrated or in a humid environment, nor no where near large enough one. Your sulcata looks okay, but if you follow the directions that forum memebers give you, it'll eventually thrive.

Robertchrisroph

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Ukiah Ca.
Wonderful looking sulcata. that little baby will give you many years of love. plenty of help here, if needed. welcome

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Man that's kind of hard to look at, I'm so glad you got her. At least you are willing to do research to accommodate her. Hopefully she will grow big and round now instead of pointed and out. When she's all grown up you would never know she had a problem.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
hello from not so sunny Scotland!

hats off to you for rescuing and researching :) follow advice given and this tort will be over the moon and be soooo much more healthier and happier. do not hesitate to ask any and all questions, the experts here will be more than happy to help.

welcome to the forum and happy tortin' :)

Phil Adams

Alabama
I'm pretty sure I saw this picture of this tortoise on Craigslist or pet classifieds....are u trying to sell him? I'm also in Alabama if u are looking to rehome him to an experienced owner.

Tortoisefanatic88

5 Year Member
PA
Poor sulcata :(. He or she has a ton of growing to do still with proper care. Glad you are now the owner and will take great care of it.