:( I can't tell what this is?

CannibalTort

So I have a red footed tortoise he's still a tiny tiny little guy! I've noticed the bottom of **** shell looked off and it felt softer?? Like if I poked it you can feel and see it push in just a little- this scared the hell of me and I'm still very worried about it, I've seen other RF have a dark like on their tummy but like this ones seemed like it's gotten darker and its softer there on him then anywhere else :( the rest of his shel seems fine it's just there!! Should I take him to a vet? Could it be shell rot? He gets calcium on his foods, fed every end of weeks, sometimes more often,he gets water, and had a heating pad. Is he in the heating pad for to long ??? ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1461418004.378454.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1461418015.534099.jpg

CannibalTort

The biggest thing that scares me is that it's just softer the anywhere else :( it had also gotten darker.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
That area WILL be soft on a baby.
It's where the yolk sack was attached and it will take a little while to harden up and heal.
It is also probably a tender area.
Now that you know. Stop pushing on it.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1461420714.165514.jpg here is one of mine. The dark coloration is normal. Can you tell us what exactly you feed your baby? And post pictures of your enclosure and lights?